Sales Representative – Job Summary
Sales Representative for Indiana Sugars Products will sell and provide guidance about products needed by wholesalers and food manufacturers throughout Food and Beverage Manufacturing Industry.
- Develops and maintains relationships with potential and existing clients in the food and beverage industry.
- Identifies and locates new clients through a variety of methods including networking and cold calls.
- Develops and implements strategies for sales in an assigned region or industry.
- Applies knowledge of the field and product features to match products to the needs of clients.
- Answers inquiries from clients concerning products, their uses, and the industry at large.
- Provides information, quotes, credit terms, and other bid specifications to clients.
- Negotiates prices, terms of sales, and/or service agreements; prepares contracts and submits orders.
- Collaborates with purchasing and customer service departments, managers, and other staff to confirm that orders are processed with accuracy and efficiency and that products are distributed properly.
- Periodically prepares and reports results, status of accounts, and leads to manager.
- Uses CRM to track customer activity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Thorough understanding of technical or scientific products to be sold.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or related field required
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Travel to meet with clients or potential clients will be required on occasion.