Indiana Sugars, Inc., seeks to build long-lasting relationships with you, our valuable customers. For more than 98 years, Indiana Sugars has been partnering with manufacturers in the food industry to provide them with high-quality ingredients, delivering them with service that can be trusted. Our manufacturing production, warehousing, and distribution centers throughout the United States are favored for our commitment to supply customers with quality products that consistently meet and exceed customer expectations. Always applying a rigorous set of standards, Indiana Sugars continually strive to provide the highest standard in the distribution and manufacture of food ingredients. It is with that sense of purpose that we commit ourselves, responding to both the ordinary and extraordinary needs of our customers. Indiana Sugars manufacturing facilities are certified kosher and SQF Level 3 (Edition 8).
The Sales position is critical to the growth of Indiana Sugars, Inc. with current and prospective customers. This person needs to possess an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to adapt to an everchanging marketplace. Experience in prospecting for new business, negotiating contracts and knowledge of the food industry are keys to this role. We reward our people for their contributions, come join our team!
- Reports to Vice President of Sales in the Lemont, IL office.
- Position is full time, based in the Lemont, IL office.
Sales Representative for Indiana Sugars Products will sell and provide guidance about products needed by wholesalers and food manufacturers throughout Food and Beverage Manufacturing Industry.
- Develops and maintains relationships with potential and existing clients in the food and beverage industry.
- Identifies and locates new clients through a variety of methods including networking and cold calls.
- Develops and implements strategies for sales in an assigned region or industry.
- Applies knowledge of the field and product features to match products to the needs of clients.
- Answers inquiries from clients concerning products, their uses, and the industry at large.
- Provides information, quotes, credit terms, and other bid specifications to clients.
- Negotiates prices, terms of sales, and/or service agreements; prepares contracts and submits orders.
- Collaborates with purchasing and customer service departments, managers, and other staff to confirm that orders are processed with accuracy and efficiency and that products are distributed properly.
- Periodically prepares and reports results, status of accounts, and leads to manager.
- Uses CRM to track customer activity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Thorough understanding of technical or scientific products to be sold.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or related field required
- Five years of sales experience in the food industry minimum, transferable relationships a plus!
Education and Experience:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Travel to meet with clients or potential clients will be required on occasion.